FENFUROTM is a group of furostanolic saponins, derived from fenugreek seeds (Trigonella foenum graecum) by innovative process. One of the most important properties of fenugreek seed extract is blood sugar level (BSL) lowering property. Various studies have investigated blood cholesterol-lowering and blood glucose lowering properties of fenugreek seed extract. FENFURO contains a rich variety of saponins and flavonoids. All of these substances are known to lower blood lipid levels and play valuable role in glucose regulation.
The hypoglycaemic effects of FENFURO have been attributed to several mechanisms. It could be due to a high percentage of dietary fibre furostanolic saponins, polyunsaturated fatty acid, alkaloid trigonelline and pectins present in these seeds.
Clinical Evaluation of FENFURO in Patients with Type-2 Diabetes: An Add-On Study
This was multicentric, randomized, Placebo-controlled, double-blind, fixed dose clinical evaluation of Fenugreek seed extract administered orally in patients of Type 2 DM.
- A significant decrease in HbA1C levels was observed as compared to respective baseline value.
- FENFURO caused significant reduction in the fasting blood sugar levels.
- FENFURO caused significant reduction in the post prandial (PP) blood sugar levels as compared to Placebo group as well as compared to respective baseline value.
- 83% of the patients reported decrease in fasting sugar levels in FENFURO treated group as compared to 62% in Placebo treated group.
- 89% of the patients reported decrease in PP sugar levels in FENFURO treated group as compared to 72% of the patients in the Placebo treated group.
- 48.8% of the patients reported reduced dosage of anti-diabetic therapy in FENFURO treated group, where as 18.05% of the patients reported reduced dosage of anti-diabetic therapy in Placebo treated group.
- No significant change in serum SGOT, SGPT & ALP activities was observed, indicating FENFURO was safe for liver functioning.
- No significant change in blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels was observed indicating FENFURO was safe for kidney functioning.
- No significant change in hematological parameters was observed.
- Keeping hematological and biochemical results in view, investigational product was safe for consumption.
Ingredients: Each capsule contains 500 mg Furostanolic Saponins.
Dosage: One capsule, 1-3 times daily or as directed by your physician (For details, please refer to the Dosage page)
Unique features of FENFUROTM
- FENFUROTM is a first of its kind product derived from single herb with proven results for maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Scientific Research supports the non-toxicity of the product.
- Scientifically processed without affecting the chemical properties of the active ingredient to give maximum benefit.
*Complete clinical data available on request.