Diabetes is a chronic, potentially debilitating and often fatal disease. The disease occurs as a result of problems with the production and supply of insulin in the body. Either the body produces no or insufficient insulin (type 1 diabetes), or the body cannot use the insulin it produces effectively (type 2 diabetes). Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas that helps ‘sugar’ (glucose) to leave the blood and enter the cells of the body to be used as ‘fuel’.
Over time, diabetes can damage the heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys, and nerves.
- Diabetes increases the risk of heart disease and stroke. 50% of people with diabetes die of cardiovascular disease (primarily heart disease and stroke).
- Combined with reduced blood flow, neuropathy in the feet increases the chance of foot ulcers and eventual limb amputation.
- Diabetic retinopathy is an important cause of blindness, and occurs as a result of long-term accumulated damage to the small blood vessels in the retina. After 15 years of diabetes, approximately 2% of the people become blind, and about 10% develop severe visual impairment.
- Diabetes is among the leading causes of kidney failure. 10-20% of the people with diabetes die of kidney failure.
- Diabetic neuropathy is damage to the nerves as a result of diabetes, and affects up to 50% of the people with diabetes. Although many different problems can occur as a result of diabetic neuropathy, common symptoms are tingling, pain, numbness, or weakness in the feet and hands.
- The overall risk of dying among people with diabetes is at least double the risk of their peers without diabetes.
Chemical Resources (CHERESO) is a pioneer in innovative and natural dietary supplements. It has 12 patents for various innovations and the products have been clinically evaluated for safety and efficacy.
FenfuroTM is one such dietary supplement from Chemical Resources for blood glucose management. Fenfuro is an innovative product (protected by 7 international patents) involving separations of active ingredients from the natural plant without affecting chemical properties of the active fractions.
It has been clinically evaluated to prove its safety and efficacy.
- A significant decrease in HbA1C levels was observed as compared to respective baseline value.
- FENFURO caused significant reduction in the fasting blood sugar levels.
- FENFURO caused significant reduction in the post prandial (PP) blood sugar levels as compared to Placebo group as well as compared to respective baseline value.
- 83% of the patients reported decrease in fasting sugar levels in FENFURO treated group as compared to 62% in Placebo treated group.
- 89% of the patients reported decrease in PP sugar levels in FENFURO treated group as compared to 72% of the patients in the Placebo treated group.
- 8% of the patients reported reduced dosage of anti-diabetic therapy in FENFURO treated group, where as 18.05% of the patients reported reduced dosage of anti-diabetic therapy in Placebo treated group.
- No significant change in serum SGOT, SGPT & ALP activities was observed, indicating FENFURO was safe for liver functioning.
- No significant change in blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels was observed indicating FENFURO was safe for kidney functioning.
- No significant change in hematological parameters was observed.
- Keeping hematological and biochemical results in view, investigational product was safe for consumption.
Mechanism of Action of Fenfuro:
It is known that in a healthy human body, each cell membrane normally contains some 20000 active insulin receptors whereas an insulin resistance patient cell membrane has around 5000 active insulin receptors, causing excess free floating insulin and glucose.
- Fenfuro is the first dual action insulin sensitizer and exhibits hypocholestremic activity.
In presence of high fiber Furostanolic saponin cells are more sensitive to insulin.
- An increase in number of insulin receptor sites occurs which are responsive to insulin to stimulate the cells ability to burn glucose (i.e newer insulin receptors with definite insulin sensitizing activity due to specificeffects on the islets of langerhans in the Pancreas)
- High fiber Furostanolic saponins delays the rate of gastric emptying and slow carbohydrate absorption & thereby reducing insulin requirements. Thereby brings euglycemic effects.
- Furostanolic saponins also increase peripheral utilization of insulin & thereby brings down the hyperinsulinemia, the roote cause of diabetic complications.
- High fiber Furostanolic saponins increase viscosity of the digesta thereby inhibiting cholesterol absorption from small intestine and also the inhibition of bile acid re-absorption from the terminal ileum. Thus there is decrease in VLDL, LDL & Triglycerides level whereas no effects on HDL.
FenfuroTM is a one of its kind product, which offers a comprehensive solution
for management of blood glucose. It is a natural plant-based product and thus, has no known side effects, unlike other existing available options for Diabetes.